Friday, September 27, 2013

Science Friday

For three years my Freckle faced boy and I worked our way through preschool programs.  And now it's little brothers turn.  Starting with the same program I did with my first we are embarking on a new journey the two of us.


While it's bringing back many memories, it's also completely new as I try to focus on his strengths making learning fun.  I have two goals this year: 1.  To get him to sit for about 15 minutes a day following directions and 2.  To give him and unquenchable hunger for learning.

Every morning as we begin we sip coffee and/or tea together.

My first time through this reading based program we would sit and read for hours.  Each day we would read a little bit about science, a little bit about animals, a little bit about society, and some imagination stories. He loved it and I loved it.  But when we would do some kind of hands on project he would quickly become frustrated.  He is my logical, rational, get-'er-done boy.


However, this time around, Captain Imagination and I do a project every day, with snippets of reading here and there, as he cannot learn without using all of his senses.  Each day is a new subject with the exception of our Bible reading which is by far his favorite part of school anyway.


On Friday's I'm three days into my work week with one left, and we volunteer in his brothers class running a cute little store together making our morning is shorter then the rest.  And so we do a quick read from our science book and then cuddle up in my big bed to watch the Magic school bus.


A chill, but fun way to end the school week.


No comments:

Post a Comment