Thursday, January 31, 2013

Two ends of the spectrum and still united

Boys,

I love the way your Daddy loves to be neck deep in Kingdom work.  I love it.  When he was first asked to work part time for our church I was the one who told him to do it.  Since I have very much enjoyed watching him thrive and watching God use him to bring souls into heaven.  Not just souls but disciples, even better right?

While he has been doing that I took time off from ministry.  I mourned for a time as I thought if I stepped out I would become mediocre or less in love with Jesus.  In the end I realized it was both my pride and the fear of the unknown.  After a year of focusing on my heart and healing my bi-polar mind I realized while serving in the church I missed loving those outside of it.  The more time I spend outside of the church the more passionate I am about the ones who are still blind.  With this passion for those outside I become more indignant with those on the inside for there petty arguments and silly traditions.  I am ready to walk away and find a new way of doing church, because the traditional church body continually abuses itself. Chopping of limbs and then blaming other parts for it's actions ignoring the fact that it is slowly bleeding out and coming to it's death.  *Deep mournful sigh* 

However, Daddy's ministry which I love and support is to those same people.  He sees hope and potential for healing.  These people make his heart beat especially the children.  If he were to step out of an organization like this I'm not sure what he would do or how he would do it.  The children are his calling and the children can be found at church.

We are at two ends of the spectrum, but still fully committed to each other and even more so to God.  We know that God has a solution and has reasons for giving us such different burdens.  Every part of life is a season and every season has something to teach to prepare us for the next season.  God is good and faithful and will teach us as we grow together through this season of different passions.

As you look back I hope you can see this to be true of us, that we grew together keeping our love for God at the center of each aspect of our life.

We love you boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment