Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Here's where I work

Music blares in the kitchen; straight up Satan worship.  One girl is all over any guy who will allow her all the while having a steady boyfriend outside of work...Having no respect for others they degrade one another...Sex, drugs, partying, steeling, the list goes on.  And this is where I, a follower of Jesus, work.

I. Love. It.

I am thriving in this place.  I'm building relationships with these people.  By simply following up on a major events they had or by busing there tables.  They see that I'm different.  Most have no idea how I feel toward Jesus.  Those who do can't believe that I would go to church because I'm not like those "holy" people that condemn them in the past.

Each day that I work I am convicted that these are the kind of people I am called too.  The crazy part is instead of being drained by this environment, it energizes me, it's even growing my relationship with Jesus.  As I see the love Jesus had for the prostitutes and those the religious considered scum, I value His love for me and each of those I work with so much more.

As the church goes I weep for the in action we as a whole take toward reaching them (myself included until just recently).  How many of us are friends with harlets, drug users, thieves, and so on?  How many of us even tolerate foul language?  If we don't befriend these people how will they know Jesus?

When the scribes and Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, "Why is he eating and drinking with with the tax collectors and sinners?"  And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but the sinners."~Jesus

If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there my servant will also be; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. ~ Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment