Monday, December 17, 2012

Gossip

I had a conversation the other day with a good friend who felt that my husband and I had fostered a gossip chain.  My husband had written something about work, using that specific word; work.  Those who read it in there minds took out the word work and placed in there church.  And then they started talking to each other about it.  It was something he wrote months ago and we just found out yesterday, in a gentle rebuke to us for fostering gossip. 

After I arrived home I began rereading his words and found that he never mentioned the church, never even alluded to the church, and at the time he wasn't even staff at the church.  But people knew we had resigned and allowed themselves to read between the lines inserting the word church in place of the word work, completely changing his point.  Also allowing them selves to come to some pretty horrific conclusions.

The moral to this story is that anything can start a gossip chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment